Learners, learning, and learning styles (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Group work preparation, tracking and assessment

Hello, With the new school year looming large, I thought I'd ask if any of you have thoughts on preparing for group work (collaborative lea…

Started by Peter Orange

0 Aug 16, 2010

A View of Universal Design for Learning From the Trenches

Hello all, I've written a few posts on Fireside about the Universal Design for Learning framework. My original interest in UDL was as a co…

Started by scott smith

6 Jun 19, 2010
Reply by Connie Weber

Mapping the steps in an unmapped world

In a reply to Laura's post Productivity Myth: lessons we can learn from the workplace?, Ian wrote: "Following all the steps" - that's a wor…

Started by Ed Hitchcock

1 May 17, 2010
Reply by Daniel Bassill

Sean Nash's blogpost: "Tinkering: A 'Boys Only' Club?"

Sean Nash's blogpost: "Tinkering: A 'Boys Only' Club?" No one says it like Sean. Wow--what a great personal reflection on the edweek artic…

Started by Connie Weber

39 May 15, 2010
Reply by Connie Weber

"Advice Given on Single-Sex Schools for Boys of Color" --by Mary Ann Zehr

"Advice Given on Single-Sex Schools for Boys of Color" --by Mary Ann ZehrWanted to get this article available for my class on Educational L…

Started by Connie Weber

0 May 7, 2010

I do not profess to be an expert in anything except my own journey.

As a new voice at the fireside who just jumped right in Saturday night without introducing myself, I apologize.  Briefly, I am not a philos…

Started by D Americanhorse

2 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by D Americanhorse

"'The Grown-Up Brain': Sharper Than Once Thought"

"'The Grown-Up Brain': Sharper Than Once Thought" --NPRThe six minute radio piece is definitely worth listening to--whether you're listenin…

Started by Connie Weber

1 Apr 21, 2010
Reply by Ian Carmichael

Importance of Recess

My wife sent me this article today: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/health/24well.html?_r=4 I always thought the "no recess" punishment,…

Started by scott smith

2 Mar 4, 2010
Reply by scott smith

Universal Design for Learning; texts in entirely new forms. CAST

Universal Design for Learning; texts in entirely new forms. CAST You've got to see this. Check out the CAST website. This is what I'm look…

Started by Connie Weber

7 Feb 20, 2010
Reply by Connie Weber

Waldorf Education, Anthroposophy, and the 21st century learner

As promised, I'm here to share my impressions from the lecture I've been to, about Waldorf education and it's application here, in our city…

Started by Or-Tal Kiriati

7 Jan 14, 2010
Reply by Martha Russell

RSS

Fireside Council

Questions, problems, comments? Here is the "Fireside Council" of folks who help Connie with the administration of this site: Anna, IanOr-Tal ,  Ed and Barry. Click on their names to visit their Profile Pages and leave comments for them with your inquiries and ideas! Meanwhile, if you have technical questions or suggestions, Laura will be glad to help.

Fireside Learning

Create Your Badge

#FiresideNing @Twitter

Quick Guide to Fireside

QUICKIE GUIDE to the FIRESIDE:
The Main Tabs are found along the top of every page:
Main: Access the main Fireside page.
Invite: Invite others to join the Fireside.
My Page: Design your own homepage.
People: View Members and Groups.
Forum: Check out the discussions!
Blogs: It's easy to start blogging.
Photos: Upload and share photos.
Videos: Upload and share videos.

Looking for help? Check out the "How-to's and Feature Requests" discussion! Your input is valuable: THANK YOU.

© 2014   Created by Connie Weber.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service